Monday, June 9, 2014

Once Upon A Wakeful Dawn ~




Once upon a wakeful dawn
Chopin’s Tristesse was resounding in my ears
Like a distant echo from a dream
I felt my heart racing
I felt the heat of my blood stream
Suddenly evaporated memories started to form
Of times fraught with anxieties and fears
Why is it that I feel so much at dawn ?
Why is it that I see so much at dawn ?
I behold my naked soul longing to confess
Was it the effect of Chopin’s Tristesse ?
Yes, It was an inner mess
But as I sensed the light breeze’s caress
And the sweet touch of morn
I did not feel so forlorn
Once upon a wakeful dawn ..

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch ! It's a delight to receive a positive feedback ^_^
    By the way, I followed your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch Muna :D Just getting started with poetry, I appreciate the support <3

    ReplyDelete